Monday, November 14, 2011

Mon Amour

When I first met you, I loved you. The way you smelled really stood out. Citrusy but ending in a woodsy scent, really yummy. It was the kind of scent that was like poetry. Some scents are just a floral, or a couple of florals, or florals with a little bit of spice. But they are always separate. This one was different. They "rhymed". It was just brilliant. The gay guy at Nordstroms introduced us, as I was buying some lipstick, lip gloss, and lip liner. Needless to say, my lips looked really good!

But I walked away. I couldn't commit and I was a little overwhelmed. I was happy with who I was with, Marc. A couple of years later, I saw you, again, in Los Angeles (before it was in Orange County). Again, the same scent. I was tempted, but wanted to wait until I was ready.

And I wasn't ready for a long time. I got pregnant, and then my baby grew older. Marc was out of the picture. I was on my own. Then opportunity came up. The time was right. My son was old enough to have you in his life.

When I looked you up, I couldn't find you anywhere. Your facebook page was gone. I googled you; the lamest results came up. I panicked. And then I found you, at Barney's place. I could consummate my passion of you, Armani Prive Vetiver. And every day I wear you, I inhale and try to envelop your essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment