Monday, August 1, 2011

One time When I Should have Asked for a Ride Home...Or Not Gone Out at All

It was a warm evening in Tucson, as it always was in the summer. I was 15, and hanging out with some friends and in came Rob, who I'd heard bad things about, but I didn't care, I thought it would be fun to go four-wheeling in the wash in Rob's jeep. I'd be with my friend Stella, we had beer and her boyfriend, Jason, I thought I'd be fine. Right?

You could see all of the stars in the night sky - it was gorgeous! We were having a lot of fun four wheeling, when we came to this part in the wash that had a little pond. Stella and Jason went away. That left me and Rob. Rob got completely undressed, and was trying to coax me into the pond. I saw where this was going, and said that I wasn't okay with this. Then he picked me up and tried to get me into the pond. Then I went from a little scared to terrified. I grabbed onto a tree for dear life, and for as hard as I was pulling, he was trying nearly as hard to get me in there.

Then I was trying to get into the jeep, and he was pushing his penis against me, and was trying to get me to have sex with him. I was yelling to Stella to come over, and was trying to get into the jeep, because it would be difficult for him to force himself on me, so I thought, or maybe I thought it was a tiny safe place.

After a while, he stopped, and then I went back to the jeep. I screamed out for Stella, and after a little while she and Jason finally showed up. I asked if they could take us home. I thought Jason was a good guy, but then as we piled into the jeep he and Rob were ganging up on me and calling me a bitch. Soon after that, we were four wheeling again, until the car stopped right outside of someone's motor home on the side of the wash. There was something wrong with the car and they couldn't start it.

The guys were being really rude, and I got out. "C'mon, Stella, let's get out of here. Fuck these guys, they're assholes". Stella reluctantly followed me. We walked to the nearest paved road, which turned out to be Houghton Road, which was the furthest outskirt you could find. We started walking towards town. About a half an hour later, the guys drove by us. There was no one else on that road. They drove up and down as we walked on, Jason saying mean things to Stella, Stella crying but still being there with me and walking with me to the nearest Circle K. Sometimes they would drive dangerously close to us, and yell at us. "We won't let you in the car until you bitches apologize", Jason said during one of the drive by's. "Fuck you!!!" I said, and we kept on walking under the desert sky, continuing to get taunted.

Finally, in what seemed like an eternity, we arrived at the Circle K. I called a cab, I had enough money to get us to her house, which was near mine. We waited shortly for the cab, which seemed to take us to her house very quickly in contrast to everything else that happened. When we got there, Stella said that her mom probably wouldn't be happy to see me, and that I should probably go home. Needless to say, that was the end of that friendship.

The next day I went to my boyfriend's house to tell him what happened. He was smoking crack and using a plastic bag to inhale and exhale and inhale and exhale out of to maximize the high....and then Rob knocked on the door. He was with Jason. He didn't come inside, he just stood at the door. I cried and cried and cried. It was the Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment